I knew there was something nagging at the back of my mind.
I had a drastic clear-out of my inbox at work and sent responses and groveling apologies to many people whose requests had lain buried for weeks waiting to be rescued. But I suddenly remembered things at home that have been waiting for attention too.
Many weeks ago, the delightful Stefanie, at Across the Border, handed me the Fair Dinkum award.
Now I need to return suitable abject groveling for tardiness above and beyond the call of duty, and respond to the requirements of said award, namely...
To reveal five things about myself:
1. I seem to be the odd one out in the writing world. Most people I come across in critique forums and blogs have been making up stories since they could say "story arc". But not me. I disliked writing. I excelled at mathematics because it involved no writing. Then one day an idea for a story popped into my head and I started trying to write.
I'm still trying.
Here's the really funny part. I enjoy writing when I know what it is I want to write, but I still have huge difficulty making up stories.
2. I paint and draw as well as write. I've done that since I could hold a pencil.
3. I have lots of favourite foods. Curry, pasta, pizza, bacon sandwiches, maltesers. I love variety.
4. I studied mathematics at Oxford University.
5. My kids drive me crazy half the time, but I couldn't imagine life without them.