Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Two Towers

No, not Minas Morgul and Orthanc. Something way more down-to-earth. The stern tower of the pirate ship is now in place, along with the lengthwise beams to support the waist deck joists and ribs.

Only the port side is fixed in place, though. That prefabricated tower ended up slightly out of square. Only by about 1/2", but I might as well get it right while I have the chance so I'm going to nudge the starboard side it into its rightful position once the concrete around the port posts has set.


And, before anyone says anything, yes I know it's big :-)

Oh, and happy Independence Day to our neighbours to the south.

2 comments:

Jean Davis said...

I can see the boatliness of it now! It's taking shape. Woohoo!

Botanist said...

Boatliness...now there's a word you don't hear every day :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...