Tuesday, August 6, 2019

There's something interesting going on out there


Something definitely had their attention. They didn't even notice me sneaking up for a quick photo. When I went to the window to see what was so interesting, there was a rabbit sitting quite oblivious on our front lawn.

I didn't manage to get a shot of it because it dashed off, but I'm surprised neither of the cats were bothered enough to jump down to the front steps and chase it. I guess it's been so warm they were content to perch and spectate.

9 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Too well fed??

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ian - just glad it wasn't anything else ... they need to spectate anyway! Lovely ... oblivious to their security of home behind them - cheers Hilary

dolorah said...

lol, my cats seem to be content to watch the wild-life instead of chasing it also. You know you're old when the cats act too old to hunt too.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Your cats probably decided it wasn't worth the effort to get down and chase it.

Botanist said...

Denise, well fed for sure, but that's never stopped them hunting when the mood takes.

Hilary, we do get the occasional wildlife roaming through our yard.

Donna, thing is, these three are all youngsters!

Alex, I was surprised neither of the cats decided to chase!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I can relate to how your cats feel. Sometimes, it's just too darned hot to make an effort. Sometimes, watching passively is enough.

Botanist said...

Susan, and it was a hot evening that day.

Powdered Toast Man said...

I bet it was that white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

Botanist said...

Toast Man, well, I'm glad it decided not to lure any of our animals down the rabbit hole with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...