Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring is sprung

This is my favorite time of year. The days are lighter, the sun is out (sometimes), and everything is springing into new and fresh growth. Cherry blossom briefly brightens the streets all over town.

I am settling into a new job. The initial feelings of drowning are fading, and I'm now getting to grips with the acute awareness that I've got to start producing results. And there's so much to do it's hard to know where to start.

I'm getting used to that little extra traveling - now based downtown rather than on the outskirts. This is especially true of cycling. First time out, on the return journey my legs seemed to go on strike at the 21km mark, reminding me that we should have been home by now while I persuaded them to keep going the extra 4km.

All this means upheaval that I'm giving the A to Z a miss this year, but I'm cheering from the sidelines for all those intrepid bloggers taking part in the blogging marathon this year.

8 comments:

not displayed said...

I wondered if you were doing it again this year.
Changing jobs can make life a little crazy, I certainly know about that with the stuff going on in my work.
Hope it all settles down for you soon

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job...and....cycling to work...WOW!!!! Good for you.

Botanist said...

Yes, Mynx, you've got changes of your own to deal with so you know what it's like.

Delores, cycling to work is nothing new for me, and I've posted about it here once or twice in the past, it's just the increasing distance that takes some getting used to.

David Batista said...

Sound like a time for change all around. I have to say, being the winter lover that I am, that I'm actually welcoming the change in season for once. This winter was a particularly long and brutal one, and the warming days are lifting my spirits tremendously. I can't wait for things to start growing around here.

Good luck at the new job. Sounds like you're getting things under control there. Great! :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ian .. just glad the job is settling into place and you're getting accustomed to it .. Also now you have time to adjust to the new commute before winter comes rolling around again ..

I'm not surprised you're not doing the A-Z and cutting some slack, so you can get on with other things ... good luck with all ... cheers Hilary

Jean Davis said...

Congrats on the new job! Since you're challenging your legs to the additional distance, I suppose we'll give you pass on the A to Z challenge this year. ;)

Spring is taking it's time getting here. We still have piles of snow that refuse to melt in the occasional sunshine.

Danette said...

Congratulations on your new position. I am just so out of things right now... not keeping up on things in the blogosphere for multiple reasons. I hope to do better soon but I don't know- it's been a long winter for me. But I am glad it's spring!!! Happy spring to you too!

Botanist said...

David fed up with winter? That must be a first!

Hilary, c'mon, can't be thinking about winter rolling around again. Actually shouldn't be too bad. I only cycle some days and not at all through winter, and the parkade at my new place is right under the building so I won't have to brave the elements at all.

Jean, hope you get some spring sunshine soon.

Danette, it's been a long winter for lots of people this year. Hope things brighten up around your way soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...