According to the Kreativ Blogger rules, I need to:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated me for the award, and provide a link back to their blog.
2. List 7 things about myself that the readers might find interesting.
3. Tag 7 other bloggers, providing links to their blogs, and letting them know.
So, thank you again, Teresa.
Now, seven random things about me. The interest factor you'll have to judge for yourself:
1. I enjoy building things. I built a tree fort, a tire swing, and a pirate ship in the back yard.
2. I can't tolerate the skin that forms on custard or hot milky drinks. The texture just creeps me out big time.
3. I have drawn and painted from the moment I could hold a pencil, but I only started writing a few years ago.
4. I am highly introverted, don't do well in crowds or parties, yet I love performing to an audience. After overcoming my initial terror of public speaking many years ago, I enjoy making presentations or facilitating meetings.
5. My wife and I got married in our living room, and did our own catering for a family reception on our lawn.
6. I have trouble picking a favorite anything - color, food, movie. I have many favorites of each, but they each become favorite in turn depending on mood and context, so to pick one over another would not seem right. It's like asking an astronomer which is the brightest star in the sky ... are you talking about visible light? Infra red? Radio? Gamma? The answer depends on the filter you apply.
7. I have just become a Canadian citizen ... in case you didn't know :)
Now to pass on the award to seven new victims:
Jean Davis, at Discarded Darlings. As well as being an inventive writer, Jean is amazingly creative and finds energy for all sorts of nifty craft projects.
Unikorna, at Why I Wake Up Every Day. A passionate lady with a stunningly visual blog and a no-nonsense attitude to life.
Gary, at Klahanie. Funny and irreverent, with whole families of wee folk inhabiting the bottom of his garden.
Katie, at Creepy Query Girl. Many highly creative ways to look at the writing process, with a refreshing hint of randomness thrown in.
Mynx, at Lizard Happy. Funny and artistic and is about to embark on the 30 Days of Creativity challenge. Pop over and wish her luck.
Lily Tequila, at Wishbone Soup Cures Everything. Has a way of describing the most mundane things in a way that brings them new life and new perspectives.
Super Earthling. The epitome of blogging creativity. 'Nuff said.