Just a very quick update today.
Every evening, when I wrap up for the day, I tally my word count in a tracking spreadsheet. That may sound a bit nerdy, but I've blogged about this before as one of my motivational techniques. My spreadsheet graphs my progress week by week, and I like to see my "actual" line staying above the "target" line on the graph.
Today, I finished the week on exactly 90,000 words.
Talk about a round number.
Also a significant number, as that is often the starting target I pencil in to say I've reached a decent novel size.
In this case, I know I've still got a long way to go. I think this novel is going to be closer to 150,000 by the time I finish. Noticeably fatter than my last two books, but not out of this world.