Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So this is why I'm not getting much writing done

A long weekend (Victoria Day in BC), and not a Guide or Cub camp in sight.

Soooo...

No! Ian, put away that laptop. There's too much else to do. Like...

Unload a trailer full of compost

Add plants (well, that is actually Ali's department)

And stones


And another little corner of paradise done. For now. OK, you need to use a bit of imagination because some of those plants will grow upwards, others will spread out. I expect the whole patch to look a lot different this time next year. And I'm not quite done yet because I have to build a big home-made sundial for that empty spot by the lawn. But that's just details. The hard work is finally done.

Now that's out the way, the pirate ship beckons.

2 comments:

Jean Davis said...

Shoveling rocks is no fun. I did that a couple weekends ago. Good luck with the sundial and pirate ship. :)

Botanist said...

Yes, shoveling rocks is tiring. Luckily Ali mucks in with projects like this or I'd probably still be at it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...