Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Tiamat's Nest


Weather forecasting is a life-or-death profession, and hard sciences and technology are all that keep people alive and fed. Anthropologists, soft and useless, rank slightly below politicians and telemarketers on the social scale. This sucks for Charles Hawthorne, Professor of Anthropology.

Worse yet, his research into human behavior has discovered how human history ended up on its current miserable course, and the perpetrator is hell-bent on keeping it hidden.

Worst of all, with everything mechanical under computer control, the most innocuous device is a potential murder weapon to a well-connected villain.

After a series of deadly near-misses Charles flees to the wilds of Greenland where the global network has yet to reach. But to deal with the threat, to save himself and his family, Charles has to confront technology full on and enter the even more hostile world online.

Freeing humanity from a lifetime of slavery comes as an added bonus.


# # # # #

Release date: August 30
Price: $2.99 after release, or pre-order now for $0.99 

at Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo.

I appreciate any help to spread the word. If you mention Tiamat’s Nest on your blog please drop a link in the comments here with instructions on how to contact you, and I’ll get you a free e-copy once the book is on general release.

If you’d like to do a pre-release review (on your blog, or on Amazon or Goodreads) please let me know. I’ll get you a PDF of the text ahead of time, and a free e-copy of the official version once it’s released.

Many thanks to those of you who’ve already offered mentions and guest posts. I’ll be in touch next month when I return from vacation.


14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the upcoming release! Sounds like a great thriller. Send me the links and cover just before the release date and I'll plug it on my blog.

stephen Hayes said...

Sounds like a captivating story.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Botanist said...

Thanks Alex, will do.

Stephen and Delores, thanks.

Huntress said...

Give me a holler when you get a little closer to the date and I'll help, *BG*

You have an award at my blog, Spirit Called, if you care to accept it. *EvenBiggerGrin*

Huntress said...

It might help if you had a link. *facepalm*

http://spiritcalled.blogspot.com/2015/07/marcy-humans-and-isaac-asimov.html

Crystal Collier said...

Ian, shoot me an email. I've got a guest spot for you on lightningquickread.blogspot.com in August. (crystal@crystal-Collier DOT com)

Botanist said...

Huntress, will do! And I'm off to check out your blog...

Crystal, that's wonderful, thank you. email on its way shortly.

Teresa Cypher said...

Ian, I can do a book review and a mini-interview with you on my blog--if you'd like. I really, really liked this story. :-)

cypherbuss at yahoo dot com

Botanist said...

Thanks Teresa, will email you right away.

Misha Gerrick said...

So excited for you!

See you when you're back. :-)

Crystal Collier said...

Oh, and while I'm at it, I had to say something about you on my blog today--because you're just awesome like that.

http://crystalcollier.blogspot.com/2015/07/very-inspired-by.html

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Ian .. sounds like a very interesting story line ... good luck with the promotion and just enjoy that holiday ... before Tiamet's Nest takes over ... cheers Hilary

Romance Reader said...

The premise sounds interesting. All the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...